Welcome to My Blog

Thank you for reading my blog. As a technophile I am exploring how all things technical can be used to support learning. If this interests you then follow me and join me in my journey.

Saturday 24 July 2010

A Day of Mobile Computing

Well here I am having spent a whole day using nothing but mobile technology and now feeding back by doing my blog on my smartphone. So, what did I do and how did it go. I obviously used it for standard phone calls and texts and also email. I was quite impressed with how well large emails such as my church newsletter came out and how clear the pictures were. This was certainly not the case on my previous Nokia. I was also able to access and complete surveys to which I had been invited. These were a tad fiddly at times but doable.

To try and ramp it up a bit I did some tasks which were not possible on my previous smartphone. Internet banking was a breeze as was ordering from amazon. However, it can soon become a bit frustrating having to make screens bigger and move through areas of the screen when accessing the Internet. My first hitch came when trying to send a book which I was sending to an amazon customer. I had to go to my PC to print the documentation. The only other problem I encountered was with Google analytics as I could not actually see my analysis. It wouldn't let me move to that part of the page. This surprised me as I thought the HTC Desire had a Google operating system. Oh well.

Documents were easily accessed and edited using QuickOffice and this worked well. You tube was fast and clear and I was very impressed with the size of the screen.. However, music was provided using my Ipod touch as my music collection is on this. I suppose this could be classed as mobile computing as well.  I do use spotify  on my main computer but I couldn't do this on my phone as I didn't want to pay the subscription. I could however, use you tube to access music so it was not a complete disaster in this area.  One last point, I thought initially that battery power would be a problem but this was not the case. I still have plenty of battery power left. All in all I would say it was a very successful day but I wouldn't want to do it every day.

Sent from my HTC

1 comment:

  1. I still don't blog from my Blackberry--too cumbersome, and I like to use the dslr for the photos I post.

    Glad you're enjoying!

    Peace,

    Phil

    ReplyDelete