Welcome to My Blog

Thank you for reading my blog. As a technophile I am exploring how all things technical can be used to support learning. If this interests you then follow me and join me in my journey.

Sunday 18 July 2010

Blogging from my HTC Desire

I am sure you are all aware that blogging is becoming more and more popular everywhere you go in the world. Most students are now expected to take part in Blogs and many will be assessed on these. Anything we can use to make this easier for students is surely to be welcomed.

In order to research this I am writing this blog using my HTC Desire smartphone.I have had my HTC Desire for a few weeks now and have been slowly testing all its capabilities. So far I am pretty impressed and would highly recommend it. But, I am most interested in how I can use it to support learning in my Students.

I have found this to be a quick and enjoyable experience and in fact easier than I could have imagined. It is flexible and allows me to blog from anywhere. The fact I am doing this from my sitting room is immaterial. I will be going to Cambodia later this year and I will be Blogging from there and including pictures in my blog all done from the same type of mobile phone that my students all have. Long live Blogging and long live mobile phones, may they continue in harmony for many years to come.

As an addendum to this blog I have realised now that Blogs seem a lot longer on a mobile device than when they appear in print. This may be something to warn students about if they are expected to produce a certain length of blog for an assessment or as part of coursework. I am thoroughly enjoying learning about this and discovering everything I can do with both blogs and mobile technology

Sent from my HTC

No comments:

Post a Comment