Welcome to My Blog

Thank you for reading my blog. As a technophile I am exploring how all things technical can be used to support learning. If this interests you then follow me and join me in my journey.

Monday 5 April 2010

Exploring the IPod Touch

Have had family here for the last few days so not huge amounts of time available for exploring the wonders of technology. I have invested in an IPod touch 3G 64gb and my 8 year old niece, Hope, who is staying with me now has my old 2G 32gb version. The technophile in me just had to have the new one, of course. I am currently trying to learn Khmer and have discovered that I can download UTalk (Formerly Eurotalk) Khmer on the touch. This is great fun and certainly beats sitting at the computer with the CD version. also saved myself a lot of money in the process. Hope, decided she also wanted to learn Khmer and has now downloaded the programme, compliments of Daddy's credit card. Well worth the £5.99 investment as we are both having a great time and learning a new language into the bargain. Hope doesn't think she is learning but having fun with Auntie Wendy, she'll be speaking Khmer like a native before we know where we are. I think this is a perfect example of how the IPod touch can support learning. Hope now has many apps on her touch including, dictionary, speak French and times tables. She will quite happily "play" with all of these, not realising that she is in fact learning.

But what of the learning for my students. I fully intend exploring ways in which I can use the touch to support learning for adult students, particularly those in Teacher Training and Health Care. Watch this space as I will share the best in future blogs. It is exciting times in the world of technology and in education, bringing them together is the most exciting journey of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment